Saturday, February 3, 2007

Helen Keller and Jesus


I looked up Helen Keller on google and read a biography of her offline. She never ceases to amaze me. This is her brail Bible. What an amazing picture of the Word of God. She did more with her extremely handicapped life than most of us who are completely healthy will do. She is a true inspiration. I wonder why we never seem to reach our potential. Teachers at school push us year after year. We join group after group and become leaders in such-and-such, yet we never seem to measure up. I believe that some people fail to meat their potential because they don't care to, they don't see the value in becoming greater than they were yesterday. Others, I feel, don't reach it simply because they don't think they can. The truth, however, is that only through the grace of our Heavenly Father will we ever "measure up" or reach our "potential." We are blinded by our own ideas of what our lives should be. If we could only step back and see that God has a story so much bigger and better than anything we could ever write, and He's begging us to star in it.

I pray we realize that our lives are beautiful and adventursome. I pray we get intouch with the author and learn to submit to His incredible script.

No comments: